- Graduate Certificate of Politics and Policy (A516)
Am I eligible to receive credit for prior learning?
The University aims to provide students with as much credit as possible for approved prior study or informal learning which exceeds the normal entrance requirements for the course and is within the constraints of the course regulations. Students are required to complete a minimum of one-third of the course at Deakin University, or four credit points, whichever is the greater. In the case of certificates, including graduate certificates, a minimum of two credit points within the course must be completed at Deakin.
You can also refer to the Credit for Prior Learning System which outlines the credit that may be granted towards a Deakin University degree and how to apply for credit.
Applications for credit transfer will be considered depending on the quality and subject matter of the student's prior qualifications and professional experience.
Students will be required to undertake 16 credit points of study if admitted on the basis of:
- A bachelor degree from an approved tertiary institution; OR
- Qualifications deemed to be equivalent.
Students will be required to undertake 12 credit points of study if admitted on the basis of:
- An undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline; OR
- A postgraduate certificate or diploma in a related discipline; OR
- An undergraduate degree and 2 years of full-time documented, relevant work experience, or equivalent.
Students will be required to undertake 8 credit points of study if admitted on the basis of:
- An honours degree in a cognate discipline; OR
- An undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline and a relevant graduate certificate OR an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline and 2 years of full-time documented, relevant work experience, or equivalent; OR
- A postgraduate diploma in a cognate discipline.
Successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Professional Political Practice (A617) will lead to entry into this course with 8 credit points of specified Credit for Prior Learning against 3 core and 5 elective units (AIP740, AIP773, AIP784, AIP748, AIP780, AIP781, AIP782, AIP783).