A Fellowship allows students to complete the majority of their clinical learning for the entire degree in one hospital or health network. This enables students to become socialised to the specific hospital environment with the aim of enhancing the clinical learning experience, and employment prospects at the end of the course.
Fellowships are available with the following health care organisations:
- Alfred Health (Burwood students)
- Barwon Health (Waterfront students)
- Eastern Health (Burwood students)
- Epworth HealthCare (Burwood students)
- Healthscope – Knox Private, Holmesglen Private, Melbourne Private (Burwood students)
- Monash Health (Burwood students)
- St John of God Geelong - Geelong Hospital (Waterfront students)
- St John of God Warrnambool (Warrnambool students)
- Mulgrave Private (Burwood students)
- Western Health (Burwood and Waterfront students – Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery only).
The School of Nursing and Midwifery Fellowship program is offered in a number of healthcare organisations in Melbourne, Geelong and Warrnambool.
International study tours
Approach your studies from a different perspective by going on an undergraduate international study tour.
The tours run for two to four weeks and give you the opportunity to learn about health care delivery in a different country.
Experience a different culture while you gain credit towards your degree. Currently, our students can travel to:
- The Philippines.
Find out what happens on our international study tours and hear first-hand what our students and staff enjoy most about the experience.
The experience was invaluable and it's something which has shaped my approach to nursing and has given me a completely new appreciation of the healthcare system we have in Australia.
BACHELOR OF NURSING, 2017 STUDY TOUR TO THailand
Exchange program to Denmark
Students of the Bachelor of Nursing can choose to study at VIA University College, Viborg, Denmark for a full trimester.
You'll get credit towards your degree and an unforgettable travelling experience.
Students from Denmark also come and study at Deakin as part of this exchange program.
Higher degrees by research
The School of Nursing and Midwifery is one of Australia’s most active schools of nursing for research. Our supervisors for higher degrees by research are national and global leaders in their chosen fields.