To co-author or not?
Leading US labour economist Prof Daniel Hamermesh shares his insights on academic co-authorship.
Global Financial Contagion - Have the risks been contained?
At a Deakin lecture, Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz has reflected on the Global Financial Crisis.
Building the wage case
Can Deakin's research help to raise the US minimum wage?
- About us
- Our Members
- Our Publications
- Our Research
- Our Students
- Events, Seminars and Workshops
- Special Issue Conference of the Journal of Banking and Finance, 4-5 December 2014
- CEFER was one of the sponsors of the Econometric Society Australasian Meetings and the Australian Conference of Economists in Hobart, Tasmania, July 1 - 4, 2014.
- Performance of Financial Markets and Credit Derivatives
Special issue Conference of Journal of Futures Markets (JFM) 15 - 16 May 2014.
- Sustainable Markets and Governance in Journal of Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (JEMFT)
28-29 November 2013at the Melbourne Burwood Campus, Deakin University.
- 27th International Conference of the American Committee for Asian Economic
26-27 October 2012. Special issue of the Journal of Asian Economics.
- Financial Econometrics of Derivative Securities and Markets Symposium 10-11 January 2013. Special issue of the Journal of Futures Markets.
- Symposium: Performance of Financial Markets in Economic Systems
27-28 June 2013. Special Issue of Economic Systems.
- ESAM12 - Econometric Society Australasian Meeting 2012
- The 13th Annual Labour Econometrics Workshop 2010
- Australasian Public Choice Conference 2009
- 14th Australasian Macroeconomics Workshop 2009
- Trade and Development Workshop, 27 November 2014
- Forecasting and time series workshop (PDF-230kb)
6 June 2014, Dean's Meeting Room, (LB3.323) Melbourne Burwood Campus
- 5th Workshop on the Economics of Health and Wellbeing, February 2014.
- Workshop on Dynamic Mathematical Models in Economics and Finance, November 2013.
- The Economic Consequences of Collective Decisions: Voting from a Political Economy Perspective, 31 July 2013.
- Economic Theory, workshop agenda (PDF-72kb), May 2013.
- Estimating the Size of the Shadow Economy: Methods, Problems and Open Question, May 2013
- 4th Workshop on the Economics of Health and Wellbeing, February, 2014.
Public LectureGlobal Financial Contagion: Have the risks been contained?
Nobel Laureate Professor Joseph Stiglitz shared his insights on the GFC with Deakin students and staff in a public lecture held at Deakin's Melbourne City Centre. The article includes highlights and video of the lecture.
Professor Chris Doucouliagos, Professor Barry Cooper, Nobel Laureate Professor Joseph Stiglitz, Professor Mike Ewing and Vice-Chancellor Professor Jane den Hollander.
Professor Arye Hillman
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B