Welcome to the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
Science, Engineering and Built Environment at Deakin University has distinctive objectives which are expressed through our four core values aligned to teaching and learning, research and research training, community engagement and staff empowerment.
Studying and research occurs at each of Deakin's campuses at:
- Melbourne Burwood Campus
- Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Geelong Waterfront Campus, and
- Warrnambool Campus
This blend of regional and city campuses enables Deakin to offer a unique range of opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate study and for staff sabbaticals.
Students are also able to study many of our courses online whilst being located anywhere in the world.
Professor Trevor Day
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment)
The Faculty has an aim, through our core values, to provide:
- a stimulating and supportive environment for study, in which students have ample opportunities to interact with staff and be exposed to the cutting edge of research relevant to their courses
- highly relevant courses in science and technologies, producing well-informed, employable and adaptable graduates with a broad skill base, an understanding of their chosen field and its social and commercial contexts, and a capacity for life-long learning
- innovative research that creates new knowledge in science and technologies with far-reaching applications for the benefit of industry and our community
- promotion, awareness, understanding and enriching study of science and technologies in schools and the wider community
- opportunities for staff to achieve their full potential by providing a dynamic and supportive working environment in which the Faculty and its staff may continually develop intellectually and professionally.
Please take some time to explore our faculty and school websites. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us