Our aspiration is to excel, delight and inspire in research that commits to an environmentally sustainable, socially responsible and economically viable future.
Our aim is to improve planetary health and people’s lives at a local, national and international level, through meaningful knowledge advancements and impactful, real-world solutions in the areas of science, technology and design.
We achieve our aspirations by:
- fostering research talents
- nurturing and valuing research culture, collegiality, diversity, equity, integrity, innovation, imagination and creativity
- providing effective and novel resources to support the implementation of cutting-edge technologies and innovative approaches.
Research within the schools
SEBE conducts research across a broad range of disciplines within 11 strategic research themes, across our four schools.
School of Architecture and Built Environment
- Integral Design Framework
School of Engineering
- Digital Design and Engineering
- Infrastructure and Environment
- Systems and Control
School of Information Technology
- Understanding and Enabling a Smart Data Driven World
- Creating Future Digital Technologies
- Advancing Cybersecurity
School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Life on Land
- Life in Water
- Molecules of Life
Research centres and institutes
The faculty is associated with the following research centres and institutes.
Strategic research centres and institutes
Associated research centres and institutes
Our strong research reputation is underpinned by our exceptional national and international industry links and partnerships. Our researchers actively engage with businesses, government and community groups, and collaborate to discover meaningful solutions to current social, economic, technical and environmental challenges.
Study a research degree with us
Employers seek our Deakin graduates for their forward-thinking approach and entrepreneurial qualities. With us, you’ll develop both theoretical and practical skills to problem solve and be ready to tackle real-world problems.
Thanks to our broad expertise and wide-ranging research portfolio, we’re an excellent partner for your research studies.