ManuFutures 2 is coming soon
Deakin is pleased to announce the expansion of ManuFutures. Thanks to a partnership with the Victorian Government, ManuFutures will double in size by 2022.
The project will take the unique industry-University collaborative model we’ve built in Geelong and expand this to manufacturing centres right across the state from Bendigo to Ballarat, Warrnambool and beyond.
It will also deliver a new, fully fitted out and staffed Product Engineering Development Laboratory, six adjustable sized expansion bays and associated offices and boast a dedicated community and multifunctional space for events, training, industry collaboration and networking.
ManuFutures 2 will be an exciting addition to the Geelong Future Economy Precinct and our Waurn Ponds Campus, and will enrich the research, innovation and manufacturing capabilities of Victoria and Australia.
Leading the way
Developed in partnership with the Victorian Government, the advanced manufacturing hub and accelerator will support emerging Australian enterprises.
ManuFutures offers tenants access to the research, knowledge and student-base of the University and an extensive range of business support, centralised corporate facilities and front of office functions.
Tenants have access to:
- Flexible accommodation, including production areas from 150m2 upwards and office space
- Collaborative working areas, breakout spaces, meeting and video-conference rooms
- Centralised corporate facilities including front of office support, reception and a concierge service
- An events calendar focused on innovation, business knowledge, technical expertise, governmental access, capital raising and entrepreneurial activity
- Project management support and mentoring, including business development and planning, financial planning and capital raising assistance
- Deakin’s Work Integrated Learning students, through structured placement programs
- Key Deakin research teams and researchers that align to their aims
- Specialist technologies, equipment and knowledge through various Deakin centres
Our current tenants:
For all enquiries about this new, state-of-the-art facility, including detailed tenancy information, please contact:
Operations Manager, ManuFutures