Deakin's strategic direction
Deakin’s strategic plan sets out an optimistic future powered by ideas to enhance social, cultural, economic and environmental wellbeing. Deakin 2030: Ideas to Impact is the University’s plan for realising the best future for its communities.
Teaching and learning
Through innovation and excellence in education, we strive to bring the opportunities of the digital age into the real world. We educate learners for the jobs and skills of the future with courses that are highly personal, engaging and align with graduate learning outcomes and industry insight.
The Deakin values
- Brave: We make bold decisions, demonstrate courage and ambition, and we support personal responsibility and accountability.
- Dynamic: We are innovative and entrepreneurial, solving problems with creativity and flexibility.
- Sustainable: We care about our shared future, integrating economic, environmental and social dimensions of sustainability in all we do.
- Ethical: We conduct our business with the highest standards of professional behaviour and integrity.
- Excellent: We strive for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Inclusive: We value diversity, embrace difference, seek to engage and welcome all.
When you join Deakin, you join a community. Here you'll be inspired, encouraged and supported. You'll not only come into your own, but be integral to our lively, passionate and hardworking community.
Diversity and inclusion
Deakin is committed to diversity and inclusion to maintain the dignity, rights and wellbeing of our staff and students.
We strive for an embedded, transparent approach to sustainability. We focus on 'what matters most' across our environmental, financial and social sustainability performance.
Commitment to Indigenous Australians
Deakin is committed to Reconciliation and Treaty, advancing the educational aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and moving Indigenous Knowledges into the mainstream of Australian life. All our endeavours aim to reflect Australia’s full history and seek to build an inclusive future.