Deakin's strategic direction
Deakin’s strategic plan sets out an optimistic future powered by ideas to enhance social, cultural, economic and environmental wellbeing. Deakin 2030: Ideas to Impact is the University’s plan for realising the best future for its communities.
Teaching and learning
Through innovation and excellence in education, we strive to bring the opportunities of the digital age into the real world. We educate learners for the jobs and skills of the future with courses that are highly personal, engaging and align with graduate learning outcomes and industry insight.
The Deakin values
- Brave: We make bold decisions, demonstrate courage and ambition, and we support personal responsibility and accountability.
- Dynamic: We are innovative and entrepreneurial, solving problems with creativity and flexibility.
- Sustainable: We care about our shared future, integrating economic, environmental and social dimensions of sustainability in all we do.
- Ethical: We conduct our business with the highest standards of professional behaviour and integrity.
- Excellent: We strive for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Inclusive: We value diversity, embrace difference, respect and welcome all.
Health and wellbeing
At Deakin, we aim to be a catalyst for positive change for the individuals and communities we serve. We nurture individual and collective wellbeing to ensure our students, staff and the wider community feel safe and supported.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
Deakin works hard to ensure higher education, employment and research are accessible to all. We value and celebrate diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community.
We strive for an embedded, transparent approach to sustainability. We focus on 'what matters most' across our environmental, financial and social sustainability performance.
Commitment to Indigenous Australians
Deakin is committed to Reconciliation and Treaty, advancing the educational aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and moving Indigenous Knowledges into the mainstream of Australian life. All our endeavours aim to reflect Australia’s full history and seek to build an inclusive future.