|Notice of Intent to Submit||M||Tuesday 6 November 2018|
|Expression of Interest||M||Opens 3 December 2018|
Closes 5pm Tuesday 29 January 2019
Via VIC LIEF 2020 EOI
|LE20 scheme opens in RMS||N/A||TBC - Expected mid January 2019*|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M||TBC - Expected late February 2019*|
Via RMS Submit to Research Office
|Request Not to Assess||O||TBC - Expected late February 2019*|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|Certification forms||M||TBC - Expected late February 2019*|
Email Deakin Research Grants
O - Optional / M - Mandatory * - Will be updated once ARC dates are released
The Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities scheme (LIEF) provides funding for research infrastructure, equipment and facilities to eligible organisations.
The scheme enables higher education researchers to participate in cooperative initiatives, so that expensive infrastructure, equipment and facilities can be shared between higher education organisations and also with industry.
The scheme also fosters collaboration through its support of the cooperative use of international or national research facilities.
The objectives of LIEF are to:
- encourage eligible organisations to develop collaborative arrangements with other eligible organisations and/or their partner organisations to develop and support research infrastructure
- support large-scale national or international cooperative initiatives thereby allowing expensive research infrastructure to be shared and/or accessed
- support areas of existing and/or emerging research strength
- support and develop research infrastructure for the broader research community.
Minimum request is $150,000 in a calendar year, for one year only.
Maximum level of funding provided by ARC is up to 75% of the total direct cost of the eligible budget items.
Please note this information is based on Funding Rules for schemes under the Linkage Program (2017 edition) and will be updated when LIEF 2020 Grant Guidelines are released by the ARC.
How to apply
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit by the due date.
- Submit an Expression of Interest by the due date.
- Read the Grants Guidelines, Cross Scheme Eligibility FAQs and Instructions to Applicants - see below for links to ARC documents.
- Commence your online application on RMS.
- Use the DU templates provided below and liaise with your Case Manager as necessary.
- Organise relevant certification forms.
Documents and information
Additional documentation can be found on the ARC website - Information for Applicants.
Templates, forms and tools
- A9.2 Major National Facility
- A10.2 International Facility
- C1 Project Description
- D7 ROPE Academic Career and Opportunities
- D8i ROPE Publication Context and Contribution
- D8ii ROPE Publication List
- D9 ROPE Ten Career-best Academic Outputs
- F2 Summary of Project Direct Costs
- F3 Justification
- F4 Details of non-ARC Contributions
- F5 Summary of Quotes
- G1 Research Support
- G2 Statements on Progress
- Other Documents
- Certification Form (Investigators and Organisations)
- LIEF Helpsheet
- Deakin University Salary Calculator
- Deakin University Data Management Advice