Re-enrolment - frequently asked questions
Questions and answers about re-enrolment for students continuing their studies at Deakin University
If you have questions about re-enrolment, check this page for answers.
If your question is about units please contact your Faculty Adviser.
If you can't find an answer here, please contact Deakin Central.
Self enrolment services are not currently available for your course(s). If you want to check your current enrolment record go to courses. If you need further help, contact your enrolment officer.
There are a number of reasons this message appears. Examples of possible reasons are:
- encumbrances (for outstanding fees) on your student record
- new Confirmation of Enrolment required (international students).
Please contact Deakin Central so they can advise you.
After I select my units and click the 'submit' button, it does not proceed to the next screen or give me a receipt?
If you do not proceed to the next screen or get you a receipt, you may see a pop-up window, containing details about missing information or rule breach.
- Missing information may include statistics that break the computers rules or missing details on your HELP form. The pop up will help you work out what the detail is so you can fix it.
- Rule breaches happen when there is some problem with the units you have selected. The combination or some other factor may not comply with course rules. The rule breach explains what the issue is with the units you have selected. You may need to remove a unit from your list or select an alternative unit.
We would recommend you note down the units you selected and then click the reset and clear selection button. This will delete all the units you added previously and allow you to start again.
If you are still unable to proceed to the next screen after deleting the units and starting again, or after trying to rectify the missing information, please contact our Deakin Central team for further assistance.
As you are currently enrolled at Deakin your action will differ depending on the change you are making:
- If you are changing from an International student to a permanent resident you need to apply for a course transfer and include a certified copy of your change of residency documents to Deakin Central. Once processed you will need to complete the eCAF in StudentConnect for HECS-HELP (if applicable).
- If you are changing from a permanent resident to an Australian citizen you need to produce a certified copy of your citizenship certificate to Deakin Central. Once processed you will need to complete the eCAFs in StudentConnect for HECS-HELP/FEE-HELP and/or SA-HELP.
You should still re-enrol in case your application for intermission is denied. You should also be aware of the census dates.
If you are considering an intermission, consult a course adviser so you can be aware of any follow on effects your break period may have. To apply you select the option to intermit in the left hand menu of StudentConnect.
What you do depends on whether you wish to study in Australia or overseas:
You need to re-enrol by the deadline to ensure you do not incur a late fee or lose your place in the course. Once you have re-enrolled, you will still have time to modify your Trimester 1 enrolment for next year, up to the week before Trimester 1 begins.
You must enrol in both Trimester 1 and Trimester 2. Trimester 3 is only compulsory for Optometry students but you may choose to enrol in it.
You can enrol in Trimester 3 next year from the September of the previous year.
You must re-enrol within the given dates for re-enrolment, even while waiting for the outcome of your course transfer or other application. If you are approved for a course transfer, your enrolment will be altered when your application is processed.
We send out re-enrolment notices to students who are not completing in the current year, according to our records.
If you receive a re-enrolment notice and believe you are finishing your course in the current year, check your course progression on StudentConnect (choose 'View course progress').The course progress information tells you which units you still need to complete before finishing your course.
- If you enrolled today then your unit then it will not appear in CloudDeakin until after midnight.
- If you think you enrolled earlier than today double check StudentConnect to make sure you are enrolled properly. If not, make sure you are enrolled in the unit here. If there is a problem enrolling in the unit (eg you get a rule breach) consult your Student Adviser.
- If you are enrolled properly the unit may not have a CloudDeakin presence. Check if this is the case with your Course Adviser.
If your course is showing as 'INACTIVE' it can mean a variety of things.
Usually it means you are not enrolled in the current Trimester.
For example, if you:
- have re-enrolled for next year AND
- have already received your Trimester 2 results for this year AND
- are not enrolled in a unit for Trimester 3 this year, your course status will change to INACTIVE and will then change back to ENROLLED on the first day of your next enrolled trimester.
TheTimetabling (STAR)page has lots of information to help you out.
Try the Graduation page for the information you need.