To join the Library complete a Library membership application
- Once you have submitted the application you will receive an email with your borrower details, so it is important that you enter your correct email address, so that you can start to access library services and resources.
- If you do not receive an email or if you have questions about the process or membership, please contact the Library
Membership is free and last for 12 months.
To renew your membership, contact the Library.
If you reside in Australia and would like a delivery service of items you borrow then we provide an, Alumni Mail Delivery membership for $460 per year. Please contact the Library if you would like this option.
- access alumni e-resources.
- borrow from any of our campus libraries.
- borrow 10 items for 21 days and renew twice.
- use our newspapers, hard copy journals, reference material and more.
- obtain a Visitor Deakin Card from the Library Service Desk to use for a limited amount of photocopying
- get assistance from our library staff.
- renew items if they have been requested by another user, or they have already been renewed twice.
- access e-books
- borrow 2hr, 1 day or 7 day loans, interlibrary loans, off-air recordings and course material.
- access the internet through the Deakin University network
- use the library computers or book study rooms.
What can I borrow and for how long?
|Without mail delivery||With mail delivery (excludes overseas)|
|Cost||Free||$460 (inc. GST)|
|Delivery of items||n/a||yes|
|In person borrowing||yes||yes|
|No. of items borrowed||10||10|
|Borrowing period||21 days||21 days|
|No. of renewals||2||2|
|Request items from all campuses||yes||yes|
|Request items out on loan||yes||yes|
Access to selected electronic resources (excludes e-books)
Access to electronic resources is not guaranteed and is subject to change at any time.
Membership access to electronic resources is personal, non commercial, and not to be shared with other individuals.
Alumni e-resources can be found on the Alumni A-Z Databases listing.
Our Beyond Deakin guide is designed to assist with your changing information needs after you graduate. It covers topics such as finding research material as an alumni, building professional networks, keeping up to date and managing information in the workplace.