Louis Goldberg collection
About the collection
The Louis Goldberg collection comprises over 3,000 books, pamphlets and periodicals on accounting and commerce, including
- Professor Goldberg's own publications
- many rare and significant works dating from the 17th century.
- approximately 17 linear metres of manuscript material, including
- research material
- notes used by Professor Goldberg in his numerous publications.
There is a significant amount of material on accounting methodology and education, and the history of accounting
Professor Goldberg arranged for his extensive collection to be housed in the Special Collection prior to his death in October 1997.
The establishment of the collection was sponsored by the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants and the Faculty of Business and Law, Deakin University.
The Collection was officially opened by Professor Geoff Wilson AM Vice-Chancellor & President, Deakin University on June 2, 1999.
Find this collection
Material from the collection have the prefix:
- DU ADPML SPLGA
Search the catalogue for items in the Louis Goldberg collection.
A manuscript collection is also listed in the catalogue and a detailed finding aid is available.
The Louis Goldberg Collection provides an excellent research resource for:
- the history of accounting
- the development of accounting as an academic discipline
- the professional working life of Professor Louis Goldberg