DeakinConnect, Deakin University’s open learning space, enables learners to use digital badges to give Peer Credit to fellow participants, based on the participants digital portfolio. This Peer Credit badge signifies that the giver warrants that the receiver’s portfolio has demonstrated a specified standard of achievement in one of the key learning outcomes:
- Discipline-specific knowledge and capabilities - the history of the humanitarian sector; the principles and practices that inform responses to natural and human induced disasters and emergencies; key humanitarian organisations, individuals and their roles; and the complexities and ethical challenges of disaster and emergency responses.
- Communication skills - using oral, written and interpersonal communication to inform, motivate and effect change.
- Critical thinking - evaluating information using critical and analytical thinking and judgment.
- Digital literacy - using technologies to find, use and disseminate information.
- Global citizenship - engaging ethically and productively in the professional context and with diverse communities and cultures in a global context.