ESS441 - Environmental Science and Society: Curriculum Study
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Cloud (online)|
(For students enrolled in courses D342, D344, D351, E359, E365, E377 and E455 only)
|Unit chair:||L Barraza|
A sub major sequence in either of environmental science or biology
EME400, ESS241, ESS741
Campus: 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week for 9 weeks, Students will be required to complete a 15 day teaching practicum.
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
The content of this unit will include:
- Different approaches to teaching and learning in environmental education;
- A discussion of the purposes of environmental education;
- Common curriculum documents to plan and organize work;
- How to critically reflect on teaching and learning in Environmental Education;
- Examples of professional reading elated to teaching and learning and
- Curriculum plans which exemplify the purposes of environmental education.
1. Part A Designing a science workbook 1400 words 35%, Part B Oral presentation 400 words or equivalent 10%
2. 35% part A Designing a Videoclip (3 mins) 1000 words part B Written explanation - 400 words 3. Cloud Deakin discussion, tasks participation - 800 words 20%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.