The Global Science and Technology Program gives you the change to gain experience beyond the classroom and experience the world whilst studying. The program is open to current year 12 students via the VTAC application process.
Not only will you get a degree from Deakin, you'll do this while travelling to another part of the world. The program can help you develop the skills needed to be successful in an increasingly global society. It will:
- help you gain independence, self-confidence and self-awareness
- develop your skills and networking capabilities with international colleagues and friends
- assist with the development of problem-solving skills
- let you experience, gain understanding and awareness of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- help build your initiative and adaptability.
Take a look at where past students have gone:
How does the program work
Current year 12 students interested in the program should apply via a two-stage process. If selected for the program, you'll be awarded a $3,000 scholarship and will need to:
- enrol in an undergraduate degree within the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- complete Deakin’s Global Citizenship Program
- sustain a distinction average throughout your studies.
Applicants must have a minimum ATAR of 80.00 (or equivalent) and meet the published prerequisites for your specific course preference within the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment.
How to apply
If you're interested in applying for the Global Science and Technology Program, you can do so by following these two steps:
1. Include the Program in your list of course preferences through VTAC
Include the Global Science and Technology Program in your list of course preferences through VTAC (use VTAC Code: 1400116141) as your highest preference at Deakin. You will need to include your course of interest as the next preference.
You can select any of the undergraduate courses offered by the faculty. Visit our interest areas to explore courses:
- Architecture and built environment
- Engineering and design
- Information technology
Please note: you must also meet the entry requirements for your course of interest.
2. Complete the Program Supplementary application form
Manager, Student and Staff Support
+61 3 9251 7462
Email Jan Mackenzie