Not only will GSTP participants obtain a degree from Deakin, but will do so while travelling to another part of the world. The program develops the skills needed to be successful in an increasingly global society. It will:
- help students gain independence, self-confidence and self-awareness
- develop skills and networking capabilities with international colleagues and friends
- assist with the development of problem-solving skills
- allow students to gain a greater understanding and awareness of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- help build initiative and adaptability.
Take a look at where past GSTP students have travelled:
How does the program work
Current year 12 students interested in the GSTP apply via a two-stage process (see below). If selected for the program, students are awarded a $3,000 scholarship and will need to:
- enrol in an undergraduate degree within the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- complete Deakin's Global Citizenship Program
- sustain a distinction average throughout your studies.
Applicants must have a minimum ATAR of 80.00 (or equivalent) and meet the published VTAC prerequisites for the specific course preference within the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment.
How to apply
Students interested in applying for the Global Science and Technology Program should follow these two steps:
1. In VTAC, include the GSTP in your list of course preferences
Include the Global Science and Technology Program in your list of course preferences through VTAC (use VTAC Code: 1400116141) as your highest preference at Deakin. Include your course of interest as the next preference.
You can select any of the undergraduate courses offered by the faculty. Visit our interest areas to explore courses:
Please note: you must also meet the entry requirements for your course of interest.
2. Complete the Program Supplementary application form
Please note: The deadline for submission is 5pm, Friday 4 January 2019. Applications after this date will not be accepted.
Complete the Global Science and Technology Program Supplementary application form
+61 3 9244 6570
Email Niki Calastas