Bachelor of Arts
You are seeing the 2010 view of this course information. These details may
no longer be current.
Return to course summary
Drama - unit set code MJ-A000031
This major sequence provides skills in contemporary drama practices and perspectives, together with an understanding of their application in a wide range of artistic and social contexts. It includes acting theory and practice, performance styles and processes, theatre history, text studies, community theatre and technical studies.
On successful completion of the Drama major sequence, students should have the following discipline-specific skills:
- an ability to develop individual vocal technique and voice production
- an ability to understand and respond to the technical, expressive and/or compositional demands of a range of performance styles and genres
- an ability to successfully achieve performance realisation based on chosen compositional and performance strategies
- an ability to analyse, compose and collaborate in order to build effective relationships between actor, director, designer and writer in processes of performance realisation.
Note: Enrolment in level 1 drama units is subject to audition (special requirement). For further details please contact Arts Student Support at the Melbourne campus at Burwood, Tel 03 9244 3909/3910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|ACP101|| Unit description is currently unavailable |
Level 2 Trimester 1
|ACP177|| Unit description is currently unavailable |
|ACP205|| Unit description is currently unavailable |
|ACP279|| Unit description is currently unavailable |
|ACP206|| Unit description is currently unavailable |
Level 3 Trimester 1
|ACP280|| Unit description is currently unavailable |
|ACP378|| Unit description is currently unavailable |
|ACP322|| Unit description is currently unavailable **|
Note: The following unit may also be taken in addition to the prescribed major sequence.Trimester 1, trimester 2 or trimester 3
|ACP323|| Unit description is currently unavailable |
* Internship units are normally undertaken in third level (or equivalent) and are subject to completion of specified prerequisite units and special application requirements. Interested students should contact Arts and Education Student Support and Enrolment Enquiries on their campus for further information.
|ALX321|| Unit description is currently unavailable *|
** Not offered in 2010.
Return to course summary