EEL745 - Students' Learning of Language and Literacy
Note: You are seeing the 2014 view of this unit information. These details may no longer be current.
|Year||2014 unit information|
Usually offered: Trimester 3: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Not offered Trimester 3 2014.
(For students enrolled in course E665 only)
|Unit chair:||L Paatsch|
|Contact hours:||This unit is taught in intensive mode with a minimum of 30 contact hours|
- Stages and dimensions of reading and writing development
- Word identification strategies and cueing systems
- Development of grammar, punctuation and text types in students' writing
- Development of spelling and handwriting skills
- Development of comprehension and critical reading skills
- Assessment of literacy development
- Matching quality print, digital and multimodal texts to students' needs and stage of development
- Planning lessons based on modelled, shared and guided literacy teaching approaches
- Researching and building on the diverse types of knowledge about literacy that students bring to school from their homes and communities.
1. Knowing and Engaging Literacy Learners 2400 words 40%
2. Literacy Profile 3600 words 60%