EEN706 - Lifelong Learning
|Year||2015 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Cloud (online)|
Student must be enrolled in course E500, E592, E700 or E792.
|Unit chair:||J Angwin|
Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- Lifelong learning policies in local, national and global contexts
- From UNESCO to a classroom near you - implications of policy for practice
- Shifting discourses of responsibility and individual agency in lifelong learning
- Discourses of 'risk' in post-compulsory education and training
- National and international approaches to lifelong learning
- Lifelong learning and new vocationalism - learning for what?
Assignment 1 50% (3000 words) Essay which involves a critical analysis of three dimensions of lifelong learning policies.
Assignment 2 50% (3000 words) Essay which involves a critical analysis of lifelong learning in practice in relation to the theoretical perspectives and in a particular context.
Bagnall, R.G., (2004) Cautionary tales in the Ethics of Lifelong Learning Policy and Management: A Book of Fables, Kluwer Academic Publishers Dordrecht/Boston/London.
Field, J. (2005) Social Capital and Lifelong Learning, The University Press, University of Bristol.
Field John 2006, lifelong learning and the new educational order, Stoke-on-Trent: Trentham (2nd rev.ed)
Harrison, R. [et al.], 2002, Supporting Lifelong Learning Vol. 1: Perspective on Learning, Vol. 1 2, London ; New York : Routledge Falmer.
Jarvis, P. (2004) Adult Education and Lifelong Learning: Theory and Practice, London, Routledge
Jarvis, P. 2007, Globalisation, lifelong learning and the learning society: sociological perspectives Lifelong learning and the learning society; v.2, Abingdon, Oxon; N.Y. Routledge
Karmel, T., & Woods, D., (2004) Lifelong Learning and Older Workers, NCVER, Adelaide.
OECD (2004) OECD Policy Brief on Lifelong Learning, February 2004
Watson, L., (2003) Lifelong Learning in Australia, Australian Government, Department of Education, Science and Training.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.