MPM719 - Contemporary Issues in Compensable Injury Management
|Year||2014 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
The purpose of this unit is to give students an overview of the reasons for the differences in outcomes for compensable injury clients and will:
- Investigate ways of improving outcomes for compensable injury clients
- Investigate the effectiveness of preferred provider programs and other allied health initiatives in place across Australian and New Zealand jurisdictions
- Discuss the management of complex injury claims, including medico legal aspects
- Provide information on managing catastrophic injuries and chronic diseases.
Assessment 1 (Individual) - Written Assignment (1000 words) - 20%
Assessment 2 (Individual) - Written and Oral presentation -30%
Assessment 3 (Group of up to 4 students) - Written Assignment (5000 words) - 50%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.