SLE793 - Natural Resource Management Frameworks and Issues
|Year||2014 unit information|
Trimester 1: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Trimester 2: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Trimester 3: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
|Previously coded as:|
|Unit chair:||S Nunn|
As organised with the Unit Chair
Enrolment in this unit is handled by the Institute of Koorie Education.
You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
The unit will introduce students to:
- The National Policy context that drives the delivery of Natural Resource Management in Australia;
- The key policy instruments that are used to manage land, water and soil conservation management;
- Key legislation that regulates Natural and Cultural Resource Management in Australia;
- The Management of Aboriginal owned lands and Indigenous Protected Areas;
- Issues current in the application of Natural Resource Management program.
Policy analysis exercise 20%, resource journal 40%, test 30%, oral presentation 10%. To be eligible to obtain a pass in this unit students must achieve at least 50% for the resource journal.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.