- Study at Deakin
- Life at Deakin
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
|Note: You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.|
This unit aims to give students an understanding about the concepts of property and ownership, as well as the general law and land registration systems in the context of professional property and real estate agency practice. There is reference to professional institutions, ethics and industry standards.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
- discuss in detail the legislation relating specifically to property
- discuss in detail property law principles as they relate to real property
- explain the importance of ethical behaviour by property professionals
- explain of the role of industry bodies in the property market
- discuss different situations that may arise in the buying and selling of property
- explain the operation of the transfer of land process.
Assignment 1 2500 words 25%, Assignment 2 2500 words 25%, Examination 2 hours 50%, Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.