|Applicant to liaise with DR Commercial to discuss project||M|
|Applicant to discuss proposal with Head of Budget Centre and seek their approval||M|
|For DU led - Submit Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS)|
For not DU led - Submit Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) not DU Led*
|M||No later than 1st October 2019|
|Internal Grantsmanship Review process begins at Faculty/Institute/SRC level||M||Upon DR Grants receipt of NOIS|
|Submit Request not to assess form to email@example.com (If applicable)||O||No later than 6th November 2019|
|Submit completed application via RMS for compliance checking by Research Office ||M||No later than 20th November 2019|
|Email completed certification forms to firstname.lastname@example.org||M||No later than 20th November 2019|
|Research Office submits to ARC||M||During 2019 when application is ready; all reviews and checks completed, and certification forms received. |
Final deadline - 19th December 2019
O - Optional / M - Mandatory / * For not DU led LP19 proposals the above timeline does not apply
How to apply - DU led proposals
- Intending applicants should contact Deakin Research – Innovations to discuss their application and their potential industry partners.
- Applicant to discuss proposal with Head of Budget Centre and seek their approval.
- Read the Grant Guidelines and changes, Instructions to Applicants and FAQ's
- Liaise with your Faculty/Institute/SRC and follow internal processes for approval.
- Submit a Notice of Intention to Submit (NOIS)
- Provide the Partner Pack to your Partner Organisations (PO). Your Deakin Research Commercial Manager can assist with questions from PO
- Complete your online application in RMS - use DU templates provided below. Once completed select 'Submit to Research Office' and notify Deakin Research Grants.
Documents and information
Additional documentation can be found on the ARC website - Information for Applicants.
Please note: Deakin Research will provide one PhD stipend per application provided the support and a clear role for the student are outlined in the proposal, the project is of 3 years duration or more and a member of the team has relevant supervisory experience.
If you are including a PhD stipend as a Deakin cash contribution or requesting a PhD stipend from the ARC, the rate is $27,596 pa.
- Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence (ROPE) Statement
- ARC Medical Research Policy, FAQ's and examples
- ARC Research Integrity and Research Misconduct Policy
- ARC Open Access Policy for publications arising from ARC funded projects.
- ARC Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy
- National Principles of Intellectual Property Management for Publicly Funded Research
- Research Impact Principles and Framework
Templates, forms and tools
Templates, certification form, partner pack and other resources are available below.
- Template Part C1 - Project Description
- Template Part D7 - ROPE Details of academic career
- Note change for Research Outputs Listing including Ten Career-Best Research Outputs. This data is automatically populated in D18 from the 'Research Outputs' section within the participant's RMS profile. Instructions for adding documents to your profile.
- Template Part F1 – Justification of Funding Requested from the ARC
- Template Part F2 – Details of Partner Organisation and other Non-ARC contributions
- Template Part G1 - Research Support for all Participants
- Template Part G2 - Statements on Progress for ARC Funded Projects
- Template Part H3 - Partner Organisation Letter of support
- Certification form for all Investigators and Institutions/Organisations