|Notice of Intent to Submit||M||CLOSED|
|Presentation to panel/project pitch||M||N/A|
|Expression of Interest - Victorian Process||M||CLOSED |
Via VIC LIEF 2023 EOI
See Help sheet
|LE23 scheme opens in RMS||N/A||Wednesday 30th March 2022|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M||Monday 9th May 2022|
Via RMS Submit to Research Office
|Certification forms||M||Monday 9th May 2022|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|NOT DU-led LIEF Applications - please complete the DVCR Request for Co-Investment Funding Form||M||Monday 9th May 2022|
|Request Not to Assess||M||Wednesday 11th May 2022|
Now submitted via RMS - ** NEW PROCESS **
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The LIEF scheme provides funding for research infrastructure, equipment and facilities to Eligible Organisations. It enables researchers to participate in cooperative initiatives so that expensive research infrastructure, equipment and facilities can be shared between higher education organisations and also with industry. The scheme also fosters collaboration through its support of the cooperative use of international or national research facilities.
Participating organisations involved in LIEF projects must commit a significant contribution of cash and/or in-kind and/or other material resources to the application having regard to the total cost of the proposed LIEF project and the relative contribution of named participants at the organisation..
The objectives of LIEF are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research and research training through the acquisition of research equipment and infrastructure and access to national and international research facilities; and
- encourage Eligible Organisations to develop collaborative arrangements with other Eligible Organisations and/or Partner Organisations for the acquisition and use of research equipment and infrastructure or access to national and international facilities.
Minimum request is $150,000 in a calendar year, for one year. *
Maximum level of funding provided by ARC is up to 75% of the total direct cost of the eligible budget items.
* One to five years if the application is for leasing infrastructure, equipment or facilities, the construction of research infrastructure, or subscription or coordinated access to international facilities and major national facilities.
How to apply
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit by the due date.
- Submit an Expression of Interest by the due date.
- Read the Grants Guidelines and Instructions to Applicants - see below for links to ARC documents.
- Commence your online application on RMS.
- Use the DU templates provided below and liaise with your Case Manager as necessary.
- Organise relevant certification forms.
Documents and information
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
- ARC Medical Research Policy
- ARC Research Integrity Policy
- ARC Open Access Policy for publications arising from ARC funded projects.
- ARC Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy
- ARC Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence (ROPE) Statement
Templates, forms and tools
- All Templates
- Other Documents
- EOI Help Sheet
- Certification Form (Investigators and Organisations)
- Deakin University Salary Calculator