Status: DECRA 2024
|Supported Nomination Forms from Faculty/Institute||M||9am Thursday 1st September 2022 (due at Research Office)|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|DE24 scheme opens in RMS||n/a|
|Friday 14th October 2022|
|Supported applicants contact Deakin Research Office to arrange an external review of their proposal||O||Email Peter Janssen email@example.com|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M|
(from) Thursday 27th October 2022
C2 statement and Certification due at Research Office
|Request Not to Assess||O|
New process - Submit to the Research office Via RMS. Further instructions will be sent to all applicants closer to the submission date.
Thursday 24th November 2022
(due at Research Office)
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
Overview - based on DE24 Grant Guidelines
A scheme for early career researchers (ECRs), which forms a part of the ARC's Discovery program. The objectives of the DECRA grant opportunity are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research by early career researchers;
- support national and international research collaboration;
- enhance the scale and focus of research in Australian Government priority areas;
- advance promising early career researchers and promote enhanced opportunities for diverse career pathways; and
- enable research and research training in high quality and supportive environments.
The intended outcomes of the DECRA scheme are:
- expanded knowledge base and research capacity in Australia; and
- economic, commercial, environmental, social and/or cultural benefits for Australia.
DECRAs will be awarded funding in 2024 for a period of up to 3 years on a full time-basis. A researcher may only apply for up to 2 DECRAs over the period in which they are eligible.
DE24 is open to applicants who have been awarded a PhD on or after 1 March 2018, or have an award of PhD date together with an allowable period of career interruptions that would be commensurate with an award of PhD date on, or after 1 March 2018. The allowable career interruptions set out and the period allowed for each are in Table 9 of the Grant Guidelines for the Discovery Program (2021 edition).
ARC funding :
Up to a maximum of $159,079 per year of funding. Per annum salary contribution from the ARC is fixed at $109,079 (inc. 30% on costs) and up to a maximum of $50,000 for project costs per year.
PhD stipend rates:
- ARC - $28,870 pa
- Deakin - $30,000 pa
How to apply
- Read the Grant Guidelines, Instructions to Applicants and FAQs
- Liaise with your mentor and complete the Nomination Form
- Forward the Nomination Form to your Host Head of School or Department / SRIC or Institute Director AND your Host Faculty Associate Dean (Research) or Director of IFM / IISRI / A2I2
Faculty / IFM / IISRI/ A2I2 to send supported Nomination Forms to DR Grants by 9am Monday 3rd October 2022
- Applicants will receive further information on the next steps in the process from DR Grants
- Applicants to commence application in the ARC Research Management System – RMS. DE24 will open in RMS on Wednesday 19th October 2022
- Use the Deakin University templates provided below and liaise with the DR-Grants ARC team as necessary
- Complete submission of your application via RMS to the Research Office for compliance checking by the date selected via Event-brite booking (compliance checking commencing from Thursday 17th November 2022)
Documents and information
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
- Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence (ROPE) Statement
- ARC Medical Research Policy, FAQs and examples
- ARC Research Integrity and Research Misconduct Policy
- ARC Open Access Policy for publications arising from ARC funded projects.
- ARC Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy
- National Principles of Intellectual Property Management for Publicly Funded Research
Templates, forms and tools
- Template D2 - Project Description
- Template D3 - Statement by the Administering Organisation
- Template E2 - Justification of non-salary funding from the ARC
- Template E3 - Details of Non-ARC Contributions
- Template F6 - Research Load - non ARC Grants
- Template F17 - ROPE Academic Career
Templates, certification forms and other resources are available below, or will be made available as relevant information is released by the ARC.