Status: FL24 ROUND
|Applicant to contact faculty/Institute Research Office to seek faculty level support for intention to apply. nomination process. Faculty/Institute to send a list of supported applicants to Deakin Research Grants.||M||Friday 30th June 2023|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|FL24 scheme opens in RMS||N/A||Wednesday 16th August 2023|
|Supported applicants contact Deakin Research Office to arrange an external review of their proposal||M||Email Tracey McInerney|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M|
Monday 18th September 2023
Via RMS Submit to Research Office.
|Request not to assess||O|
Monday 18th September 2023
Process: submit to Research Office via RMS.
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
Overview - based on Discovery Fellowships Grant Guidelines 2023 edition
The Australian Laureate Fellowships scheme objectives are to:
- attract and retain outstanding researchers and research leaders of international reputation, with exceptional ability to lead, collaborate, mentor and supervise, and enhance their capacity to create an enduring legacy;
- build focus and scale in research by forging new links among researchers, the international research community and/or industry and other research end-users;
- support a program of innovative and ground-breaking research that addresses a significant problem or gap in knowledge;
- create a cohesive research program and implementation plan that represents value for money;
- provide an excellent research training environment and exemplary opportunity to nurture early or mid-career researchers;
- produce new or advanced knowledge resulting from the outcomes of the research with economic, commercial, environmental, social and/or cultural benefits for Australia, and to enhance research in Australian Government priority areas.
The ARC may name two successful Australian Laureate Fellows as the Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellow and the Georgina Sweet Australian Laureate Fellow. The Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellowship may be available to a highly ranked female candidate from the humanities, arts and social science disciplines. The Georgina Sweet Australian Laureate Fellowship may be available to a highly ranked female candidate from the science and technology disciplines. Recipients will be provided with additional funding to undertake an ambassadorial role to promote women in research. Preference will be given to candidates who are able to demonstrate outstanding mentoring and capacity building qualities.
Australian Laureate Fellowships will be awarded funding in 2024 for a period of up to 5 years on a full time-basis.
An Australian Laureate Fellowship provided by the ARC is $179,840 per year (including 30 per cent on-costs).
The ARC will also provide:
Postdoctoral Research Associate (PDRA) salary support - $110,418 per year (including 30 per cent on-costs) for each of two PDRAs for five years each
Postgraduate Researcher (PGR) stipend - $29,880 per year for each of two PGRs for four years each.
An administering organisation may be awarded up to $300,000 of project funding per annum.
Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellowship or Georgina Sweet Australian Laureate Fellowship - additional funding of up to $20,000 per year
How to apply
- Read the Grant Guidelines, Instruction to Applicants and FAQs.
- Liaise with your area/faculty to discern your suitability/faculty support for your application.
- Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2/ADI to send a list of nominated applicants to email@example.com by Friday 30th June.
- Applicants will receive further information on the next steps in the process from DR Grants.
- Contact the Deakin Library team via this form to assist with Research Metrics.
- Applicants to commence application in ARC Research Management System - RMS. FL24 Will open in RMS on Wednesday16th August 2023.
- Use the Deakin University templates provided below and liaise with the DR-Grants ARC team as necessary.
- Complete submission of your application in RMS to the Research Office for compliance checking and forward your Organisational statement to Deakin Research Grants by Monday 18th September 2023.
Documents and information
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
Templates, forms and tools
Form to access library of successful Laureate Fellowship applications