Status: FT23 ROUND
|Supported Nomination Form due to Research Office from Faculty/Insitute||M||9am Wednesday 7th September 2022|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|FT23 scheme opens in RMS||N/A||Wednesday 5th October 2022|
|Supported applicants contact Deakin Research Office to arrange an external review of their proposal||M||Email Peter Janssen|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M|
Monday 7th November 2022
Via RMS Submit to Research Office.
|Request not to assess||O|
Process: submit to Research Office via RMS.
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
Overview - based on Discovery Program Grant Guidelines (2021 edition)
The Future Fellowships scheme objectives are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research and research training by outstanding mid-career researchers to be recruited and retained by universities in continuing academic positions;
- support national and international research collaboration; and
- enhance the scale and focus of research in Australian Government priority areas.
The intended outcomes of the Future Fellowships scheme are:
- expanded knowledge base and research capacity in Australia; and
- economic, commercial, environmental, social and/or cultural benefits for Australia.
Future Fellowships will be awarded funding in 2023 for a period of up to 4 years on a full time-basis. A researcher may only apply for up to 3 FTs over the period in which they are eligible.
FT23 is open to applicants who have been awarded a PhD on or between 1 March 2008 and 1 March 2018, or have an award of PhD date together with an allowable period of career interruptions that would be commensurate with an award of PhD date on, on or between 1 March 2008 and 1 March 2018. The allowable career interruptions set out and the period allowed for each are in Table 6 of the Grant Guidelines for the Discovery Program (2021 edition).
A Future Fellowship may be requested at one of three salary levels, dependent on the candidates academic level. (2022 amounts listed, 2023 amounts TBC)
Level A and B: 163,598
Level C: 198,042
Level D and E: 232,481
An administering organisation may be awarded up to $60,000 of project funding per annum.
How to apply
- Read the Grant Guidelines, Instruction to Applicants and FAQs.
- Liaise with your Mentor and complete the Nomination Form.
- Forward the Nomination Form to your host head of School or Department/SRIC or Institute Director AND your host Faculty Associate Dean (Research) or Director of IFM/IISRI/A2I2.
- Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 to send supported nomination forms to DR Grants by 9am Wednesday 7th September 2022.
- Applicants will receive further information on the next steps in the process from DR Grants
- Applicants to commence application in ARC Research Management System - RMS. FT23 Will open in RMS on Wednesday 5th October.
- Use the Deakin University templates provided below and liaise with the DR-Grants ARC team as necessary.
- Organise Certification Forms.
- Complete submission of your application in RMS to the Research Office for compliance checking and forward your Organisational statement and completed Certification Form to Deakin Research Grants by Monday 9th November 2022.
Documents and information
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
Frequently Asked Questions
FT23 Sample form
Templates, forms and tools
- D2 Project Description.
- D3 Statement by the Administrating Organisation (Guidance Sheet and Template)
- E2 Justification of non-salary funding from ARC
- E3 Details of Administering Organisation contributions
- F6 Research load
- F22 ROPE - Academic Career, impact and contributions
- Certification Form
Templates and Certification Form(s)
Deakin University Salary Calculator