Status: FT25 ROUND
Internal deadlines - dates to be confirmed
Applicant to contact faculty/Institute Research Office to check their nomination process. Faculty/Institute to send supported Nomination Form and a list of any re-submissions to Deakin Research Grants.
Process for nomination to be updated
|Mid September 2024
Email Deakin Research Grants
|FT25 scheme opens in RMS
|Early October 2024
|Supported applicants contact Deakin Research Office to arrange an external review of their proposal
|Email Tracey McInerney
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS
Late October 2024
Via RMS Submit to Research Office.
|Request not to assess
Date to be confirmed
Process: submit to Research Office via RMS.
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
Overview - based on Discovery Fellowships Grant Guidelines 2023 edition
The Future Fellowships scheme objectives are to:
- support outstanding mid-career researchers, with demonstrated capacity for high-quality research, leadership, research training and mentoring;
- support excellent basic and applied research by outstanding mid-career researchers to be recruited and retained by universities in continuing academic positions;
- foster national and international research collaboration;
- support excellent and innovative research that addresses a significant problem or gap in knowledge and represents value for money;
- create new or advanced knowledge resulting from the outcomes of the research with economic, commercial, environmental, social and/or cultural benefits for Australia, and enhances the scale and focus of research in Australian Government priority areas.
Future Fellowships will be awarded funding in 2025 for a period of up to 4 years on a full time-basis. A researcher may only apply for up to 3 FTs over the period in which they are eligible.
FT25 is open to applicants who have been awarded a PhD on or between 1 March 2010 and 1 March 2020, or have an award of PhD date together with an allowable period of career interruptions that would be commensurate with an award of PhD date on, on or between 1 March 2010 and 1 March 2020. The allowable career interruptions set out and the period allowed for each are in Table 5 of the Discovery Fellowships Grant Guidelines 2023 edition.
A Future Fellowship may be requested at one of three salary levels, dependent on the candidates academic level.
Level A and B: $170,848 (including 30 per cent on-costs)
Level C: $206,818 (including 30 per cent on-costs)
Level D and E: $242,783 (including 30 per cent on-costs)
An administering organisation may be awarded up to $60,000 of project funding per annum.
amounts based on FT24, FT25 TBC
How to apply
- Read the Grant Guidelines, Instruction to Applicants and FAQs.
- Liaise with your Mentor and complete the Nomination Form.
- Forward the Nomination Form to your host head of School or Department/SRIC or Institute Director AND your host Faculty Associate Dean (Research) or Director of IFM/IISRI/A2I2/ADI
- Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2/ADI to send supported nomination forms to DR Grants by Mid September 2024. This process to be confirmed.
- Applicants will receive further information on the next steps in the process from DR Grants
- Contact the Deakin Library team via this form to assist with Research Metrics.
- Applicants to commence application in ARC Research Management System - RMS. FT25 Will open in RMS early October 2024.
- Use the Deakin University templates provided below and liaise with the DR-Grants ARC team as necessary.
- Complete submission of your application in RMS to the Research Office for compliance checking and forward your Organisational statement to Deakin Research Grants by late October 2024.
Documents and information
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
Templates, forms and tools
- B4 Research load (non-ARC Grants and Research)
- B8 ROPE - Details of the Future Fellowship candidate career
- C1 Project Description
- C2 Administrating Organisation Letter of Support (Guidance Sheet and Template)
- D2 Justification of non-salary funding from ARC
- D3 Details of Administering Organisation contributions
Deakin University Salary Calculator