These tips will increase your chances of getting Google Scholar results that are free and contain full text.
Tip 1: Search Google Scholar via Deakin Library
You can search Google Scholar directly from the Library homepage by following these simple steps:
- Go to the Library homepage.
- Enter your search terms in the search box.
- Press the Google Scholar link under the search box.
- Your Google Scholar results will display, including more access to full text articles for Deakin students and staff.
Tip 2: Link your Google Scholar account to Deakin Library
When searching Google Scholar directly make sure you connect to resources in Deakin Library by changing your settings.
Save your settings automatically:
Or, save your settings manually:
- Go to Google Scholar homepage
- Click on the menu button
- Click the 'Settings' button which looks like a cog
- Select 'Library links' from the list on the Settings page
- Search for Deakin
- Tick the option for 'Deakin University Library - FIND IT @ DEAKIN'
- Click ‘Save’
Note: Cookies must be enabled for your browser to remember your settings.