Google Scholar searching using Library Search
Did you know you can search Google Scholar directly from the library homepage? This increases your chances of seeing results with full text.
It's very easy to do. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Library homepage.
- Enter your search terms in the search box.
- Press the Google Scholar link under the search box.
- Your Google Scholar results will display, including more access to full text articles for Deakin students and staff.
Look for the FIND IT @ DEAKIN link next to each result.
Save your Google Scholar settings
You can link your Google account to Deakin University Library, so the FIND IT @ DEAKIN links will always appear, even if you don’t start your search from this page. Log into your Google account, and save our customized settings.
Save your settings manually
- Select 'Settings' from the top of the Google Scholar homepage
- Select 'Library links' from the menu items
- Search for Deakin
- Tick the option for 'Deakin University Library - FIND IT @ DEAKIN'
Note: Cookies must be enabled for your browser to remember your settings.
You can access the Library's full text articles in with FIND IT @ DEAKIN.