Using My account
What is My account?
Your library account is where you can view and manage:
- items you have checked out
- items you have placed a request (or hold) on
- items you've borrowed in the past (for more info, see View your reading history)
View and renew your items
Renew items that you have on loan from a few days before they are due by following this process:
- Select 'Checkouts' in My account
- Select the item(s) you wish to renew
- Click 'Renew Marked' or 'Renew All'
Items that cannot be automatically renewed include:
- items on hold by other borrowers
- 2 hour loans
- interlibrary loans
If you require any items you have borrowed for a longer period of time, please contact library staff to discuss what can be arranged.
To avoid sanctions, please return items on time.
Cancel your item request
View your reading history
You can keep track of the items you have borrowed by following this process:
- Select 'Reading History' in My account
- Choose 'Opt in'.
Note: Only items borrowed after you opt in will be listed.
Change your contact details
Remember to keep your details up to date so you receive borrowing notifications.
How to change your contact details:
- Students: in Student Connect
- Staff: in DeakinPeople
- Other members: contact us
Problems with My account
Get support for issues you may have, including:
- losing your library card
- having overdue items
- losing or damaging an item