Publish and share
Your publishing plan
Learn about developing a strategy for publishing and evaluating the quality of journals and other publishing opportunities on the Your publishing plan guide.
Open Access publishing
Find out how to make your research open access, including any discounts that might be available for Article Processing Charges (APCs) on the Open Access guide.
Are you an ARC or NHMRC grant recipient? Find out how to comply with your open access requirements.
Publishing contracts and copyright for researchers
Copyright can influence how you can use, share and publish research. Learn more about Copyright in research and publishing.
Claim your publications with Elements
The Publications wiki is primarily aimed at Deakin authors. It contains information on how the publications process works, how you can optimise your profile to ensure your publications are processed quickly, as well as instructions to step you through the deposit process. FAQs, as well as links to tools and resources, are available if you require further information.
Deakin Research Online (DRO)
DRO is Deakin University's research repository, providing digital curation by describing and preserving the University's research output and enabling worldwide discovery.
Exhibit your research with Deakin Exhibit
Deakin Exhibit is a visual platform that allows researchers to showcase their work to the public. It is well suited to small collections that include images, videos, audio recordings and textual documents. Find out how to plan and create your own site.
Hosting an open access journal at Deakin
Use open access publishing to create and share your scholarship, and connect with a global audience.
At openjournals@Deakin, the Library uses Open Journal Systems (OJS) to host Deakin University open access academic journals.
- c i n d e r is a creative writing research journal affiliated with the Australasian Association of Writing Programs (AAWP).
- Deakin Law Review is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal that aims to publish relevant, thought-provoking and quality legal scholarship on a broad range of issues.
- The Humanitarian Leader is an independent voice for the aid sector, published by the Centre for Humanitarian Leadership.
- Journal of Teaching and Learning for Graduate Employability is a scholarly forum for the dissemination of research and evidence-based practice in teaching and learning for graduate employability.
- Persona Studies is a peer reviewed academic journal that explores the construction of the public self. The concept of persona is explored in its production and performance in a variety of contexts. The journal supports both traditional articles and creative practice submissions.
- TESOL in Context is an internationally refereed journal; readership includes EAL/ESL professionals working across sectors both in Australia and overseas.