Library strategic plan
At Deakin Library, we offer innovative services, resources and spaces that align with the needs of our community.
Deakin Library is about to undertake the process of envisioning and planning our priorities and directions for the next 10 years.
The process will involve a number of steps, which include consultation with our clients and staff to assist with highlighting what should be prioritised in regards to collections, physical space, use of new technology, collaboration and partnerships.
If you are interested in being involved in the consultation process, please fill out the form below.
To inspire your thinking around what the library strategy should look like, we have compiled a list of recommended reading. You are welcome to read any of the documents below to shape your ideas as you develop your suggestions for this plan.
- ALA future trends
- Dempsey, L and Malpas, C 2018, Academic Library Futures in a Diversified University System, in Gleason, N, Higher Education in the era of the fourth industrial revolution, Palgrave, Macmillan, Singapore, pp. 65-89.
- McKenzie, C and Ross, K 2018, Digital humanities and academic libraries - an Australasian survey. Results summary, University of Wollongong, Australia.
- Lippincott, J K 2018, The link to content in 21st century libraries, Educause review, January/February.
- Lankes R D 2012, Expect more: demanding better libraries for today's complex world, Createspace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Asher, A., Amaral, J., Couture, J., Fister, B. & Lanclos, D 2017, Mapping student days: collaborative ethnography and the student experience, Collaborative Librarianship, vol. 9, no. 4, 293-317.
- Bryant, R, Lavoie B and Malpas, C 2017, A Tour of the Research Data Management (RDM) Service Space. The Realities of Research Data Management, Part 1. Dublin, OH: OCLC Research
- Bryant, R, Lavoie, B and Malpas, C 2017, Scoping the University RDM Service Bundle. The Realities of Research Data Management, Part 2. Dublin, OH: OCLC Research.
- Bryant, R, Lavoie, B and Malpas, C 2018, Incentives for Building University RDM Services. The Realities of Research Data Management, Part 3. Dublin, OH: OCLC Research.
- Weber, C 2017, Research and Learning Agenda for Archives, Special, and Distinctive Collections in Research Libraries. Dublin, OH: OCLC Research
- Pinfield S., Cox A. & Rutter S, 2017, Mapping the future of academic libraries: a report for SCONUL, SCONUL
- Zaretsky, R,2018, The welcoming labyrinth: what we gain and lose as libraries change. The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- ANU Library: Vision for the Library, Press, Open research and Archives