What we do
The International Relations Office contributes to the University’s globalisation activities through the provision of high-level support and advice to Deakin faculties in:
- the coordination and oversight of the development and review of the University’s international academic partnerships around the world
- the provision of operational support through the development of formal partnership agreements with international academic partners based on consistent practice across the university
- the planning and organisation of programs and events for high-level international visitors to the University.
Partnering with Deakin
Deakin University has international partnerships with over 300 partners in more than 50 countries.
The International Relations Office supports the development of strategic international partnerships and networks for academic collaboration principally focused on mutually beneficial student learning and experience outcomes. International academic partnerships may include partnerships that support:
- general academic collaboration
- articulation – Deakin University has many articulation arrangements with overseas institutions that provide a pathway for students into Deakin undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
- recognition for prior learning. Formal arrangements with other institutions that recognise specific courses and offer students credit towards a Deakin degree.
Find out more about recognition of prior learning
- transnational education partnerships that aim to expand international teaching and learning through flexible modes of delivery including joint delivery of degrees
- staff and student mobility, which may include student exchange, study abroad and short-term programs.
Learn more about studying abroad
If you are interested in collaborating with Deakin University, please contact the International Relations Office.
Deakin University welcomes visitors from abroad to provide opportunities for mutual collaboration and partnership building.
The International Relations Office manages high-level, university-wide and highly strategic visits made by individuals and delegations from overseas educational institutions and government bodies. The International Relations Office also provides advice and assistance to Deakin faculties interested in hosting visits specific to their area.
If you wish to visit Deakin University, please fill out the visit request form below or contact the International Relations Office at email@example.com.
Other visits, including those for visiting scholars, are coordinated by the faculties or by the relevant area/division within the university. If you are interested in becoming a visiting scholar, please contact the relevant faculty.