Deakin Learning Futures (DLF) teams:
- work directly with faculties to design and build outstanding courses for all campuses
- collaborate with teaching teams to create premium online learning experiences
- lead and manage the online learning environment
- support teachers to build their own skills and ideas
- lead innovation projects that explore new ideas in learning and teaching.
Deakin's course design and delivery is guided by the Deakin Curriculum Framework. Our courses create premium learning experiences and build graduate employability through:
- Deakin’s graduate learning outcomes
- personalising relevant and engaging learning experiences
- authentic assessment.
Deakin Learning Futures collaborates with faculty teaching and learning support teams to continually enhance courses and build capacity for all university teaching staff.
We work with other divisions, including the library and the Division of Student Life, to ensure our students have a meaningful and supportive learning experiences that help them to succeed in their studies and equip them for their future.
We develop and maintain Deakin's online learning environment to deliver premium online learning. The learning environment is composed of complimentary platforms that guide and support students during study. Unit, specialist and course sites are delivered through DeakinSync in an integral environment with student support services.
Digital learning innovation
We support digital innovation projects to improve the online experience of our learners to enhance capacity and pilot new approaches to digital learning. This includes exploring new course modes and tools such as degrees at FutureLearn and CloudFirst courses.
DLF faculty pods
We have dedicated faculty teams that work with course teaching teams to design and enhance Deakin courses. Each DLF faculty pod includes a curriculum design group, a resource development group and quality assurance support.
DLF faculty pods support course teams to build a vision for courses and deliver premium learning experiences.
Teaching Capability at Deakin supports all staff who design, deliver, enable and lead teaching and learning, by providing opportunities for professional learning and reward and recognition (including DeakinHEA Fellowships, Vice Chancellors Learning Awards and Australian Awards for University Teaching). The Teaching Capability team also:
- provide online teaching and learning modules and resources for sessional staff and Unit Chairs
- co-deliver induction for new teaching and learning staff
- collaborate with Faculty groups through Communities of Practice and shared SoTL projects
- host a number of events including workshops, seminars, and Deakin’s Teaching and Learning Conference.
Teaching Capability also help maintain DTeach, a central resource hub for staff, that includes resources to support staff in developing curriculum and learning resources, teaching practice, assessment and feedback design, using digital tools, providing student support and effective learning environments and leading learning and teaching.
Melbourne Burwood Campus
Building BC, Level 6
221 Burwood Highway
Burwood Victoria 3125