Deakin's organisational structure
Deakin's organisational structure includes faculties and administrative units and is led by University executive and management staff.
Along with the University Executive, the Senior Management Group supports the Vice-Chancellor in managing the operational aspects of the University.
The group is an important channel for consulting on and communicating executive decision-making, and plays a critical role in ensuring that Deakin implements its strategic plan. It does this by:
- communicating information on developments in the higher education sector
- providing advice to the Executive on the implementation of aspects of the University's strategic agenda
- informing members of key decisions arising from meetings of the Executive
- ensuring that key aspects of compliance and professional development necessary for the good management of the University are delivered to members
- providing advice to the Executive on any other matters as requested in relation to University strategy and decisions.
Members of the Senior Management Group
The Senior Management Group comprises:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellors
- Executive Deans
- Associate Deans
- Deputy Deans
- Dean of Students
- Chair Academic Board
- Pro Vice-Chancellors
- Heads of school
- Directors of institutes
- Portfolio heads
- HEW 10+ direct reports to Faculty/Portfolio heads
- DUSA President
- DUSA Vice-President