Invitations to interview
If your application was successful, you’ll receive a request to attend an interview within six weeks of the closing date of the role. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
What to expect at interview stage
- There will usually be three people on the interview panel.
- The interview is usually around 30 minutes duration (45 minutes for senior positions).
- The interview questions will be related to the selection criteria.
- There will be an opportunity for you to ask questions.
- You will be notified in advance if there are any tests (e.g. skills, psychometric etc.) that you need to complete.
- If we choose to talk to your referees, we'll ask you first.
- You’ll be contacted by email or phone about the outcome of your interview.
Interstate or overseas applicants
If you’re invited to attend an interview it may be in person, via video or by telephone. Where possible we’d certainly like to give you the opportunity to meet us in person before you start.
Relocating for a role at Deakin
If you’re relocating from interstate or overseas to take up a position at Deakin, we may be able to give you travel and relocation assistance. The contact person stated in the job advertisement will be able to give you advice on whether this assistance is available for the position you’ve applied for.
Deakin is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at this stage by calling +61 3 9246 8139 or emailing email@example.com.