AER730 - Why Research Matters
2020 unit information
Trimester 1: FutureLearn - Cloud (online)
Must be enrolled in A705
Students will on average spend 150 hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - cloud (online)||
Online independent and collaborative learning activities equivalent to 1-hour per week
*This unit uses the FutureLearn online learning platform. Learn more about studying through FutureLearn
This unit will further develop your research skills so you will be able to solve problems on a global scale and make evidence-based decisions. You will explore several case studies highlighting research at two of Australia’s leading research institutions, Deakin and Griffith Universities, to help you understand the real-world application of research methods and techniques.
You will receive credit for this unit by completing the ‘Why Research Matters: Evidence at Work’ Program on FutureLearn with learners from all around the world.
During the FutureLearn program, you will:
- Use data to make evidence-based recommendations that address real world problems
- Assess various research approaches and perspectives in broadening your understanding of a problem
- Practise common research techniques including interviewing, coding and statistical analysis
- Develop a framework for ethical governance of a research project
- Plan the implementation of your own research project
You will be assessed on your development of a feasible research proposal, which you will work towards throughout the program by keeping a portfolio of potential research topics, approaches and refined research questions.
A pass is required in each assessment task to pass the unit