Make an impact
A donation or gift to Deakin is about paying it forward. You can take an active role in contributing to a university that really makes a difference.
Why give to Deakin?
Make an impact today by giving to Deakin and help unlock the potential of capable students, enabling them to make a real difference in the world.
Ways to give to Deakin
From cash donations and major gifts to in-kind contributions, bequests or volunteering your time, there are many ways you and your organisation can give to Deakin.
We recognise that our growth to a position of leadership in education and research has been due, in large part, to the support of alumni, corporate givers, private donors and volunteers.
Message from the Vice-Chancellor
'It is universally acknowledged that the gift of learning changes the lives of individuals and their families. We must work hard to ensure this gift continues into the future...'
Giving for a better future
- 17% of full-time undergraduate students report that they go without food or other necessities because they can't afford them
- 55.5% of full-time undergraduates, with low socio-economic status, are not financially supported by anyone
- 4 in 5 full-time Australian undergraduate students have a job
- 1 in 4 full-time undergraduate students in employment work more than 20 hours per week
- 50% of full-time undergraduate students report that their hours of employed work adversely affects their performance at university
- 39% of young people from regional areas intend to enrol in university, compared to 63% of those from major cities. Relocation often involves the student or their family going into debt and this can be a major deterrent to undertaking a university education
I have witnessed poverty, war and most importantly what lack of education can do. I believe education not only helps alleviate the masses out of poverty, but it inspires people to be better, fair and tolerant.
Law student and Sanctuary Scholarship recipient
dKin Difference is our dedicated news source where we share stories about the incredible impact philanthropy has on the lives of our students, researchers and communities.
If you have any questions about giving to Deakin or would like more details, please contact our Philanthropic Relations team.
Deakin University is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient by the Australian Tax Office. Donations to Deakin of $2 or more are tax-deductible and an official receipt will be issued for tax purposes.