Deakin Research Online (DRO) is Deakin University's digital research repository. It describes and preserves research output produced by our researchers, staff and higher degree research students.
Creating records in DRO ensures research output is discoverable by the world's major search engines such as Google Scholar, and harvested through OAIster, TROVE and other scholarly databases. DRO enables access to full text research output whenever possible.
The benefits of sharing your work in DRO include:
- increased impact and recognition of research
- raised research profiles
- increased citation of work acknowledging researcher's contribution
- connecting and identifying researchers within the broader research community
- transparency, thus supporting research integrity
- supporting the responsible communication of research results
- reuse by researchers in other fields for different purposes
DRO includes the following collections:
- Research (publications and other output types)
- Data (data collections and datasets)
- Theses (Doctoral and Masters research theses)
- Open access (openly available research)
- Special collections and Photographic Archive
DRO delivers the data for the University's research reporting obligations for Excellence in Research Australia (ERA), and funding body requirements for:
These records form a major component of the DRO research collection.
DRO can produce a full citation list used for web profile pages and CVs. You can export citations to Excel, Word and EndNote.
DRO is also the data source for research output pages on faculty websites.
- RSS feeds for other researchers work and topics you are following
- sharing via social media
- search across multiple fields and open access only content
- statistical data for citation counts, geographical information and downloads
- storage of researcher IDs
- secure storage for confidential material in a dark archive
- HTML code created to provide a dynamic link to your research
Library support and services
- provide metadata and digital objects quality checks
- advise on self-submission of records
- assist with record creation and archiving of published work
- check records compliance for research reporting
- seek copyright and publisher permissions to enable open access
- manage file format for digital preservation and storage