Where should I store my non-digital data?
When deciding where to store your data, consider:
- Who needs to access the data?
- How is the physical asset managed?
- How secure do you need your data to be?
- Where will the metadata for your non-digital data live? I.e. where is the digital data that describes how the physical collection is organised catalogued?
- Is it easy to locate from a storage record?
- Who handles backing up the data?
Original non-digital data should be stored in your school or institute. The Head of School or Director of Institute will ensure availability of facilities. See Research Data and Primary Materials Management Procedure, 17-20.