Why should I use University services to store my data?
Storing data on Deakin's managed systems ensures:
- Your research data is accessible, secure, stable, backed-up, retained and archived
- You have full control over who has access
- You can request greater amounts of storage if needed
- You meet obligations in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research
- You meet data storage requirements for funding bodies
- You can share data with other Deakin researchers
- You reduce the risk of loss, theft, damage and corruption, as well as breaches of confidentiality and privacy and Intellectual Property violations.
Learn about your options at Where should I store my digital data?