OPENS in Sapphire 4 MAR 2020
National Health and Medical Research Council
Faculties/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 to work with applicants to review, workshop and develop proposals
|M||Aug 2019 - Mar 2020|
Faculties/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 to collate and forward list of approved applicants
18 Nov 2019
Email Deakin Research Grants
|NOIS from Not Deakin-led applicants||M||19 Feb 2020|
Email to Deakin Research - Grants
|Applications open on Sapphire||04 Mar 2020|
|Minimum data on Sapphire||M|
04 Nov 2020
Minimum data requirements must be met on Sapphire by this date. Applications that miss this deadline will not be able to proceed with NHMRC submission.
|Final application in Sapphire and Certification form||M|
Closing date delayed by NHMRC
**New internal deadline from 28 Oct 2020**
Applicants will be notified of their internal submission date by DR-Grants
- Complete and certify application on Sapphire
- Email DU Certification Form to Deakin NHMRC Submissions
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
Clinical Trials and Cohort Studies Grants aim to support high-quality clinical trials and cohort studies that address important gaps in knowledge, leading to relevant and implementable findings for the benefit of human health.
Each Clinical Trials and Cohort Studies Grant may have up to 10 investigators.
A person may apply for, and hold more than one Clinical Trial and Cohort Studies Grant at any one time.
Funding can be requested for up to five years. The amount of funding provided will be based on the assessment of the requested budget. Funds may be spent on Direct Research Costs (DRCs) and Personnel Support Packages (PSPs).
Applications will be assessed on:
- Significance (40% score) - extent to which the research findings will substantially advance knowledge to improve the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions, or to improve health and wellbeing
- Research quality (40% score) - the quality and feasibility of the proposed research, incorporating theoretical concepts, hypothesis, research design and robustness
- Team quality and capability (20% score) - assess whether the CI team has the appropriate mix of research skills and experience to undertake the clinical trial and/or cohort study and achieve the stated objectives of the proposed research
For further information, visit NHMRC Clinical Trial and Cohort Studies Grants website.
How to apply
- Contact your Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 research office to register your intent to submit. Applicants must work with their Faculty/Institute/SRC and/or School to develop a high calibre application
- The Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 will forward a list of approved applicants to proceed to NOIS to DR-Grants
- Plan and draft your grant proposal early; CIs should gather their individual CV information/updates
- Read the Grant Guidelines and Peer Review Guidelines
- Once the scheme is open, commence your application on the NHMRC Sapphire system
- Contact the DR-Grants NHMRC team if you have any queries
- Organise relevant DU Certification form
Please visit the NHMRC Clinical Trials and Cohort Studies Grant website for more information
Applicants should register and log into GrantConnect to download the applicable scheme documentation once released by NHMRC.