Status: Open for nomination
|Supported Nomination Form due to Research Office from Faculty/Insitute||M||Wednesday 23rd August 2023|
|IE24 scheme opens in RMS||n/a||Wednesday 6th September 2023|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M||Wednesday 4th October 2023|
|Request not to assess due to RO||O||TBC|
Overview - based on Industry Fellowships Program (IFP) Grant Guidelines
The Industry Fellowship Program (IFP) is funded under the ARC's Linkage Program. The primary goal of the IFP is to create a pathway to support academic researchers in establishing careers in industry, and industry-based researcher to work in university settings, with the aim of increased two-way mobility and skill building in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation.
Early Career Industry Fellowships:
- develop the industry collaboration skills of early career researchers;
- support early career researchers to achieve translatable and/or commercialisable outcomes.
Projects costs up to $150,000* may be requested over the duration of the grant.
*Salary and Project costs for IE24 TBC.
How to apply
- Read the Grant Guidelines, Instructions to Applicants and FAQ's
- Intending applicants should contact Deakin Research – Innovations to discuss their application and their potential Key Industry partner.
- Liaise with your mentor and complete the Nomination Form.
- Forward the Nomination Form to your Host Head of School or Department / SRIC or Institute Director AND your Host Faculty Associate Dean (Research) or Director of IFM / IISRI / A2I2
- Faculty / IFM / IISRI/ A2I2 to send supported Nomination Forms to DR Grants by TBC
- Applicants will receive further information on the next steps in the process from DR Grants
- Applicants to commence application in the ARC Research Management System – RMS. IE24 will open in RMS on Wednesday 6th September 2023
- Use the Deakin University templates provided below and liaise with the DR-Grants ARC team as necessary
- Provide the Partner Pack to your Partner Organisations (PO). Your Deakin Research Innovations Manager can assist with questions from PO
- Complete submission of your application via RMS to the Research Office for compliance checking by the date selected via Event-brite booking (compliance checking commencing TBC)
Documents and information
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documentation on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
ARC documents, templates, forms and tools
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
Industry Fellowship Grant Guidelines
Instructions to Applicants (IE24)
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs (IE24)
DRAFT ARC Funding Agreement IFP 2024
Letter of Industry Partner Organisation Certification
ARC Medical Policy, FAQs and examples
ARC Research Integrity and Research Misconduct Policy
ARC Open Access Policy for publications arising from ARC funded projects.
ARC Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy
National Principles of Intellectual Property Management for Publicly Funded Research
Templates, forms and tools
Templates, certification forms and other resources are available below, or will be made available as relevant information is released by the ARC.
- Nomination form - Early career 2024
- D1 Assessment criteria
- E5 CV
- F2 Justification of ARC funding
- F3 Details of non-ARC contributions
- G3 Letter of Industry Partner Organisation Certification
- Compliance Checklist
- Budget and Justification Guide
- General Guidance sheet for completing ARC Project Budgets
- Eligibility Exemption Request Form
- Deakin University Salary Calculator
- ARC video - Tips and Tricks for industry Collaboration