|Applicant to contact Faculty/Institute Research Office to seek faculty level support for intention to apply. Faculty/ Institute to send a list of supported applicants to Deakin Research Grants team||M||Friday 7th July 2023|
|IL24 scheme opens in RMS||n/a||Tuesday 22nd August 2023|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M||Monday 25th September 2023|
|Request not to assess due to RO||O||Tuesday 26th September 2023|
Overview - based on Industry Fellowships Program (IFP) Grant Guidelines
The Industry Fellowship Program (IFP) is funded under the ARC's Linkage Program. The primary goal of the IFP is to create a pathway to support academic researchers in establishing careers in industry, and industry-based researcher to work in university settings, with the aim of increased two-way mobility and skill building in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation.
Laureate Industry Fellowships:
- provide leadership in the development of high quality and impactful collaborations between university and industry personnel;
- fund significant programs of research that deliver step-changes across a variety of industry settings;
- provide an excellent research training environment and exemplary mentorship to nurture the development of collaboration, commercialisation and translation skills among early career researchers and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students; and
- attract and retain, within Australia, outstanding researchers and research leaders of international reputation with demonstrated capacity for collaboration, commercialisation and/or translation.
Projects costs up to $1.5M* may be requested over the duration of the grant.
Contribution to salary support (of $106,684 per year) for two Postdoctoral Research Associates (PDRA) will be provided for 4–5 years each.
Contribution to stipend support ($28,870 per year) for two Postgraduate Researchers (PGR) will be provided for 4 years each.
Up to $20,000 per year (additional to project costs) will be provided to support ambassadorial work promoting industry-university collaboration.
*Costs shown are for IL23. Project and Salary costs for IL24 TBC.
How to apply
- Read the Grant Guidelines, Instructions to Applicants and FAQ's
- Liaise with your area to seek faculty level support for your intention to apply.
- Intending applicants should contact Deakin Research – Innovations to discuss their application and their potential Key Industry partner.
- Faculty / IFM / IISRI/ A2I2 /ADI to notify DR grants of applicants intending on applying for IL24 by Monday 7th August 2023.
- Applicants will receive further information on the next steps in the process from DR Grants
- Contact the Deakin Library team via this form to assist with Research Metrics.
- Applicants to commence application in the ARC Research Management System – RMS. IL24 will open in RMS on Tuesday 22nd August 2023.
- Use the Deakin University templates provided below and liaise with the DR-Grants ARC team as necessary
- Complete submission of your application via RMS to the Research Office for compliance checking by Monday 25th September 2023
Documents and information
ARC documents, templates, forms and tools
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
ARC Open Access Policy for publications arising from ARC funded projects.
Templates, forms and tools
Templates, certification forms and other resources are available below, or will be made available as relevant information is released by the ARC.