OPENS in Sapphire 20 OCT 2021
National Health and Medical Research Council
Faculties/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 to work with applicants to review, workshop and develop proposals
|All applicants to contact their Faculty/ IFM/IISRI/A2I2 Research Office to check their submission process|
For Faculty of Health applicants, visit Faculty of Health Research Grant Portal
|Faculties/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 to collate and forward list of approved applicants|
(Deakin and Not Deakin-led)
|Applications open in Sapphire||20 Oct 2021|
|Minimum data in Sapphire||M|
17 Nov 2021
Minimum data requirements must be met on Sapphire by this date. Applications that miss this deadline will not be able to proceed with NHMRC submission.
Final application in Sapphire and Certification form
10 Nov 2021
Complete and certify application on Sapphire
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The Centres of Research Excellence (CRE) Scheme provides support for teams of researchers to pursue collaborative research and develop capacity in clinical, population health and health services research.
Funding will support three streams:
- CRE in Clinical Research;
- CRE in Health Services Research; and
- CRE in Population Health Research.
For further information including outcomes from previous rounds, visit NHMRC CRE website.
How to apply
- Contact your Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 research office to register your intent to submit and determine their application development and review process. Applicants must work with their Faculty/Institute/SRIC and School to develop a high calibre application
- The Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 research office will forward a list of approved applicants to proceed to NOIS to DR-Grants
- Read the NHMRC Guidelines and Peer Review document
- Plan and draft your grant proposal early. CIs should gather/update their individual Profile information on Sapphire.
- New Sapphire users should register for a Sapphire account early. All CIs and AIs will require a Sapphire account.
- Once the scheme is open, commence your application on the NHMRC Sapphire system.
- Contact the Deakin NHMRC team if you have any queries
- Organise the relevant DU Certification form