Deakin Alumni, their spouses and immediate family are eligible to receive a 10% reduction per unit on their enrolment fees on any postgraduate award course at Deakin University.
This bursary is only available to applicants commencing a postgraduate award course during the 2017 academic year. The bursary is subsequently applied for the life of the degree. Normal Deakin postgraduate admission requirements apply. Please read our full terms and conditions below before applying.
Terms and conditions
To be eligible for this bursary applicants must be:
- a Deakin Alumnus OR
- the spouse of a Deakin Alumnus OR
- a child of a Deakin Alumnus OR
- an immediate family member*
- be a commencing student (a student in their first trimester of study at Deakin), as defined in the specifications for Deakin's student collection statistics.
- be commencing a new postgraduate award course (either full time or part time, on-campus or online at the Cloud Campus).
This bursary is limited to Deakin Alumni who are graduates of Deakin University. Former DUELI students who hold a bursary awarded in 2016 will continue to receive a 10% reduction per unit on their enrolment fees until completion or termination of their postgraduate award course.
- The bursary is not available to current Deakin University staff members (unless they are also a graduate of Deakin).
- The bursary is not available to students using any other scholarship, bursary or discount at Deakin University.
- The bursary will not apply retrospectively or to any studies currently being undertaken by the applicant.
- The bursary is non-transferrable to any other Deakin degree or institution. Course transfers will result in the bursary being automatically withdrawn.
- The bursary is not available to students undertaking honours studies.
All 2017 bursary applications must be received by close of business on the bursary application closing dates listed in the table below. Late applications will not be accepted.
|Trimester||Application closing date|
|T3||30 November 2016|
|T1||24 March 2017|
|T2||8 August 2017|
|T3||8 December 2017|
Spouses, children and parents of alumni
When applying for a Deakin Alumni Postgraduate Course Fee Bursary as a spouse or immediate family member of a Deakin Alumnus, applicants must submit a statutory declaration stating they are a spouse or immediate family member of a Deakin Alumnus.
This statutory declaration must include the full name of the spouse or immediate family member and the full name and student number of the related Deakin Alumnus.
Withdrawal of bursary
The Deakin Alumni Postgraduate Course Fee Bursary will be withdrawn immediately if:
- the recipient has been found to have supplied incorrect or misleading information during the application process or in their statutory declaration (if applicable).
- the recipient transfers to another course.
- the recipient, subsequent to enrolling, receives any other scholarship, bursary or discount at Deakin University.
Should you not be successful, alternative Deakin scholarships can be applied for.
Find a course
Find and apply for the perfect postgraduate course for you.
To avoid processing delays, please ensure you fill out all required sections of the application form.
+61 3 5227 1019
Email Alumni Relations