The Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are intended to build research and innovation capability and excellence and create impact, in strategic priority research strengths at Deakin University. The Fellowships support and develop early career researchers, aiming to enhance our capacity and capability in key research areas and build the next generation of high achieving and internationally competitive researchers.
|Application open||Monday 5 October, 2020|
|Applications close||23:59 (AEDT) Monday 2 November, 2020|
|Outcomes advised||Mid December 2020 – Mid January 2021|
- Applicants must have been awarded a PhD on or after 1 January 2017 or, together with allowable career interruptions, have an award of PhD date that would be commensurate with a PhD Award Date of 1 January 2017.
- Applicants are required to hold Australian work rights at point of application.
- The Fellowship provides 2 years of salary support from a Level A, Step 6 up to the top of Level B classification, commensurate with experience (ranges from $88,209 - $117,503 per annum; current at 24 May 2020).
- Successful Fellows also receive a once off research support grant of $15,000, which must be used for direct research costs that relate specifically to the research project.
How to apply
A preview of the Online Application Form is available.
- Read the 2021 Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Guidelines, Instructions and Conditions of Award.
- Liaise with the Faculty/School/Institute/SRIC that aligns most closely with your research interests and identify your proposed supervisor. Refer to the Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Faculty/School/Institute/SRIC contacts page.
- Prepare the following supporting documents to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Top 3 Publications
- Summary of Experience and Contributions
- Research Project Proposal (updated 25 Sept) – work with your proposed supervisor to prepare this
- Curriculum Vitae and Publication List – to be uploaded as a single PDF document
- Evidence of PhD conferral, or letter from your institution indicating you are on track to complete your PhD by no later than 31 March 2021.
- Evidence of any career interruptions impacting your eligibility (if applicable). This can be in the form of a statutory declaration.
- Complete the online application form via the Deakin careers website, ensuring you upload all supporting documents.
- Submit the application on or before the closing date and time.
Documents and information
For further information regarding the fellowships please contact email@example.com.