This grant is automatically awarded based on the eligibility criteria below.
This grant offers a lump sum cash payment of a minimum of $600. The exact amount will be confirmed in your offer letter.
To be eligible for this grant you must be:
- be a domestic student (Australian citizen, a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa, an Australian Permanent Resident or a New Zealand citizen)
- be commencing one of the following courses in a Commonwealth supported place in Trimester 1 2023:
- H326 Bachelor of Nursing
- D355 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery
- D381 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion
- D387 Bachelor of Nursing/ Bachelor of Psychological Science
- H329 Bachelor of Nursing (Clinical leadership)
- be enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2023
- not already hold a bachelor degree (from any university)
- be able to demonstrate one of the following:
- be from low SES* background
- be from a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard – Remoteness Ares (ASGS-RA)
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
Limited funding is available and preference will be given to students who have completed year 12 (or equivalent) in 2022.
*Have a home address in the lowest quartile of the SEIFA Education and Occupation Index.
How to apply
No application is required. This grant is automatically awarded based on the eligibility criteria above.
If you meet the eligibility for the scheme, you will be sent an offer letter to your Deakin email address.
What happens next?
You will find out if you are successful by the end of February 2023.
For further information about the scheme please email email@example.com
- There is no application process for this grant. If you meet the eligibility for the scheme, you will be sent an offer letter to your Deakin email address.
- Successful applicants will receive the grant payment in their nominated bank account in week 2 of Trimester 1 teaching period.
- Deferred or intermitted students at the commencement of Week 2 of Trimester 1 2023 will not be eligible to receive payment.