The University Appeals Committee (UAC) is responsible for:
- hearing and determining appeals against decisions of Faculty Committees (FC), the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Academic Progress Committee or Thesis Examination Committee regarding academic progress and performance
- hearing and determining appeals against decisions of an FC not to accept an application for readmission after exclusion
- hearing and determining appeals against decisions of a single member or full Academic Integrity Committee or Student Research Integrity Committee regarding breaches of academic and research integrity
- hearing and determining appeals against decisions of a single member or full Student Misconduct Committee regarding breaches of conduct amounting to general misconduct
- hearing and determining late appeal applications to the UAC
- reporting and making recommendations to the Academic Board regarding trends and issues arising from appeal hearings.
Students may lodge appeals with this Committee pursuant to the following regulations.
- Two members of the Academic Board (appointed by the Chair of the Academic Board, one who shall be Chair and one who shall be Deputy Chair)
- Four members, including at least one member from each Faculty who are the Faculty Committee Chairs, or appropriate nominees, appointed by their Faculty
- Co-opted members, appointed by the Chair of the Academic Board on a needs basis.
Associate Professor Ambika Zutshi
Associate Professor Janet McLeod
University Appeals Committee Secretariat
+61 03 5227 8532
Email the Secretariat
Manager Student Complaints and Appeals
+61 3 924 68460