Discounted NGV Membership
Deakin alumni, students and staff are invited to purchase a one year individual membership to the NGV for $73 ($55 for students) - up to 30% off the normal membership fee.
Your Membership includes a host of exclusive NGV benefits and an exciting calendar of events, including:
- free exhibition ticket upon joining#
- exhibition previews and viewing events, exclusive for Members
- discounted exhibition entry and priority Members access
- access for you and a guest to our two NGV Members Lounges with complimentary coffee, tea, newspapers and art publications
- 20% discount on NGV talks, tours and special events
- annual NGV Members parties
- annual subscription to Gallery magazine, NGV’s award-winning publication (valued at $60)
- 10% discount at NGV design stores plus special Members shopping events
- 10% discount at NGV cafes and Garden Restaurant.
Access this exclusive benefit via the NGV website
Advance – a worldwide network of high-flying Australians
There are over one million Australians currently living and working overseas. Advance works to connect these people and build a vibrant, supportive global community. Join Advance if you're living and working abroad and get instant access to a ready-made network.
- Connect with Australians in your local area to find jobs, fast-track your company and be inspired.
- Attend events geared towards enhancing your career.
- Get expert guidance for living in different countries and sorting out your tax.
Graduate Management Association of Australia (GMAA)
The GMAA is a nationally recognised business association that represents the interests of MBA and business management students. Once you become a member, you can access free events to build your career. The annual membership fee is around $300.
- Increase your business networks at seminars, social functions and national conferences.
- Be inspired by prominent business leaders and CEOs.
Discounts on car lease plans
Grow Lease, backed by global giant LeasePlan, offers businesses car leasing and fleet management services.
So if you're setting up a business, rather than spending your budget on buying cars and vans, simply lease them. Or if you have existing work vehicles, let Grow take the hassle out of managing them.
- Offer employees (and yourself) car leases from their pre-tax income – novated leases. Novated leases are a great staff incentive.
- Get expert advice on a range of tax benefits.
- Save on vehicle maintenance and running costs.
Discount accommodation at Deakin Waurn Ponds Estate
The Waurn Ponds Estate, formerly known as the Deakin Management Centre, has been transformed and are offering exclusive accommodation to the Deakin Alumni Community.
Deakin Alumni can now book accommodation directly with Waurn Ponds Estate – Deakin rates will apply of $145 weekdays (king room) and only $25 for breakfast – including buffet or room service.
The picturesque parcel has had many uses over the years, including internal and external conferences and planning days, changing management a few times over the years between Deakin and commercial providers.
Following a full refurbishment of the common areas and accommodation rooms, Waurn Ponds Estate have reopened to the corporate conference and event market as well as Deakin staff.
Social spaces include a new kitchen garden, cocktail bar, Lake Terrace, pool terraces and vineyard. If the weather is inclement, the Lake Lounge is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine, offering stylish surrounds and stunning views through floor-to-ceiling windows.
Discounts at Premium Wines Direct
We've teamed up with Premium Wines Direct to bring you the brands you love (and many hard-to-get labels) at very competitive prices.
Premium Wines Direct buys direct from producers, which means no wholesale margins.
- Heavily discounted wines for Deakin Alumni.
- Choice of wines you know and trust, plus many hard-to-get premium labels from Australia’s leading wine districts.
- Free delivery on orders of 12 bottles or more, direct to your door.
Brands regularly featured include Wirra Wirra, Coriole, Hardys, Tyrrell's, Pikes, Jacob's Creek Reserve and more. There's no obligation to purchase and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Email Premium Wines Direct to subscribe for the monthly Deakin Alumni wine offer.
Discount facility hire
Deakin campus facilities are available to hire for a range of events, including commercial-based conferences and alumni events.
Receive up to 50% off commercial facility hire when booking through Deakin Event Management Services.
Facilities available for hire include rooms at the Geelong Waterfront campus, as well as theatres, meeting rooms, residential and dining facilities on all campuses.
This offer excludes bookings on the Costa Hall and Deakin Management Centre.
Vision Direct – save on glasses and sunglasses
Vision Direct is one of Australia's largest online eye-wear stores. As a Deakin Alumnus you can enjoy 10% off a huge range of frames.
- Deakin Alumni receive 10% off sunglasses and glasses.
- Choose from more than 70,000 products and 180 different brands.
- Get free same-day shipping.
International shipping is available on all products.
How to get your discount
- Browse glasses at Vision Direct
- When you're ready to buy, enter the promotion code: DEAKIN10
Deakin Alumni are offered discounted rates on summer conference accommodation when booking to stay at the Student Residences on Deakin campuses. Conditions apply.
For bookings and enquiries please contact Conference Accommodation.
We're delighted to offer our alumni free access to TeamDEAKIN and Unihub at multiple community sporting events across the year.
Deakin has collaborated with six other Victorian universities to bring you an enhanced experience at each event. Unihub offers all members of TeamDEAKIN an enjoyable experience on race day at no extra cost. TeamDEAKIN members also receive a free singlet at their initial event.
To join, register for each event under TeamDEAKIN. Once you've registered and paid, simply fill out the TeamDEAKIN form to register for Unihub and receive your free singlet.
As a member of TeamDEAKIN, the following complimentary services are available at the Unihub area:
- snacks and refreshments
- cloak room service
- massage service
- chill out space
- use of physio rollers.
TeamDEAKIN and Unihub will be at the following events in 2016:
- Run for the Kids – Sunday 20 March
- Mother’s Day Classic in Melbourne, Geelong and Warrnambool – Sunday 8 May
- Wings for Life World Run – Sunday 8 May
- Great Ocean Road Marathon – Saturday 14 May and Sunday 15 May
- Melbourne Marathon – Sunday 16 October
- Run Geelong – Date to be advised
Deakin Melbourne Boomers discount tickets
Deakin Alumni can now receive up to 45% off tickets to Deakin Melbourne Boomers home games. Alumni can purchase Adult General Admission tickets for just $10 and tickets for children for $5.
The Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) owns and operates the DUSA bookshops on all campuses at Deakin University as well as an off-campus mail order centre.
If the DUSA Bookshop does not have the title you are looking for it can be ordered in for you. The DUSA Bookshop also stocks an array of second hand books, stationary items, laboratory coats, safety glasses, and software.
Check out the DUSA Bookshop.
Email your enquiries to email@example.com or phone 1800 686 681 (Free call within Australia).
Access career development resources
Recent graduates can log on to our careers service, Job Search Essentials, to access professional development resources, including:
- appointments for resume and application checks
- interview coaching
- job search strategies
- LinkedIn advice
- digital resources that cover everything from teaching in the UK to workplace rights.
Job Search Essentials also has information on events, job listings and organisation profiles.
DeakinTALENT - Career Services
Available to you for life, DeakinTALENT, our graduate employment division is dedicated to providing you with expert career guidance and development programs.
Programs and services available to Deakin graduates include:
- career coaching appointments
- career success workshops
- talent development programs
- career resources
- employer events
- a global Jobs & Internships board.
Graduates can access programs and services on-demand online or register to attend guided on campus programs.
Learn more about the programs and services available