ADS715 - Cross Cultural Communication and Practice
2020 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 3: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:||
Students will on average spend 150-hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - cloud (online)||
Online independent and collaborative learning activities equivalent to 1 x 1-hour per week
This unit focuses on the diversity of cultures, how difference between ethnic groups is constructed and how to respond appropriately to difference. It provides the student with an understanding of the principles of cross-cultural communication and practice and development of cultural competency as community development practitioners in different cultural settings. Students will be encouraged to apply and analyse their experiences as case-studies.
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- the meanings of culture and how it affects community development practice;
- the meanings of cultural competence;
- cultural conflict;
- cross-cultural communication skills;
- cross-cultural teamwork in community development;
- building culturally competent community partnerships;
- cross-cultural negotiation and conflict resolution.
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: