EEH116 - Primary Physical Education
2021 unit information
Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), CBD*, Warrnambool, Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
E200 students: Must have passed at least three units from EAD110, EAD111, EAD112, EAD113
Students will on average spend 150 hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
1 x 1-hour class and 1 x 2-hour practical per week
*CBD refers to the National Indigenous Knowledges, Education, Research and Innovation (NIKERI) Institute; Community Based Delivery
Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong) - no longer offered from 2020
This unit is designed to familiarise students with contemporary curriculum and pedagogy in the area of physical education as taught in the primary school. It focuses particularly the primary physical education component of the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education.
This unit aims to:
- Engage pre-service primary teachers with the Australian primary school physical education curriculum,
- Discuss a rationale for the importance of physical education in Victorian and Australian primary schools.
- Familiarise pre-service teachers with various components of a quality primary physical education program.
- Implement age-appropriate / primary school physical education classes through effective yearly, term and lesson planning using current curriculum documents.
- Equip pre-service teachers with the skills, knowledge and confidence to provide successful physical education experiences for their primary school aged students
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: