EEH116 - Primary Physical Education
2020 unit information
Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), CBD*, Warrnambool, Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
E200 students: Must have passed at least three units from EAD110, EAD111, EAD112, EAD113
Students will on average spend 150 hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
Trimester 1:1 x 1-hour class and 1 x 2-hour practical per week
Trimester 3: Intensives held at Melbourne Burwood and Geelong Waurn Ponds. Dates to be advised
*CBD refers to Institute of Koorie Education; Community Based Delivery
**Trimester 3 offering - student enrolment quotas apply
Trimester 3: Warrnambool students to attend intensive at Waurn Ponds (Geelong) or Burwood (Melbourne)
This unit is designed to familiarise students with contemporary curriculum and pedagogy in the area of physical education as taught in the primary school. It focuses particularly the primary physical education component of the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education.
This unit aims to:
- Engage pre-service primary teachers with the Australian primary school physical education curriculum,
- Discuss a rationale for the importance of physical education in Victorian and Australian primary schools.
- Familiarise pre-service teachers with various components of a quality primary physical education program.
- Implement age-appropriate / primary school physical education classes through effective yearly, term and lesson planning using current curriculum documents.
- Equip pre-service teachers with the skills, knowledge and confidence to provide successful physical education experiences for their primary school aged students
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: