EEH455 - Approaches to Teaching Health and Physical Education
2021 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
Students must be enrolled in course E377
Students will on average spend 150-hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
1 x 1.5-hour class per week in weeks 1-4
1 x 2-hour seminar per week each week
1 x 1.5-hour discussion (mentoring) session weeks 7, 8,10,11
Students are required to participate as a mentor which requires a 2-hour mentoring/professional development session as required during 5-weeks of trimester
This unit will address topics including:
- Critical reflection upon past and present notions of effective teaching and the comparison of these to a models based approach
- The thorough investigation of several models based approaches to teaching HPE through participation in practical seminars and engaging with new HPE content
- Students will be able to reflect upon their own teaching practice and that of others through the mentoring of junior colleagues
- The opportunity to experience planning and teaching a unit of work based upon a selected pedagogical approach to teaching.
- This unit will also focus on the use of information and communications technology in teaching and learning through models based practice.
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: